There are many foods that are considered healthy and full of nutrition for us humans, but these same foods couldn’t be so good for your furry friend. As a good and considerate pet owner, you must know what you need to and needn’t feed your dog. Here are few of those seemingly very healthy foods your dog shouldn’t eat
- Your dog shouldn’t feed on bones, any cooked bone is basically bad for your dog as these splinter once in the digestive tract and damage the stomach and intestine. Bones can also damage your dog’s teeth.
- Avocado might be your favorite super food, but it’s not so good for your dog, avocado may contain a toxin known as persin, this toxin is harmful to dogs and other animals, as well. Eating them with the seed obviously poses a choking hazard for your dog.
- Your dog might or might not like the dairy products you use at home, though dairy products can’t pose a serious problem for your dog, some dogs may experience problem in digesting lactose in the milk-based products.
- Never feed your dog cocoa, chocolates are poisonous to dogs, the component theobromine in chocolate is toxic to dogs, similarly dark chocolate is very toxic to your dogs, and you should always keep these hidden from them.
- Not all nuts are healthy for your dogs, peanuts, almonds and cashews can be fed in small amounts, but keep away macadamia nuts, pecans, pistachios and black walnuts.
- Fruits like apples, peaches and cherries should be kept away from dogs, these fruits can cause digestive problems. Grapes and dried fruits are bad for your dog, too.