If fitness and weight loss is on your new year resolution and agenda, best of luck to you, it’s never too late to start and focus on your health, but fat loss is a tricky subject and most people are not well-aware that everything in a human body is well-connected and fat-loss is basically a complex term.
Our body doesn’t work like that–you put in fat and remove it by dieting, it’s not that simple, there are many complex mechanisms in the body that affect your overall fat composition and weight loss. Weight loss is also not just about removing fat in the body, if you have water retention due to poor diet, it can also make you look flabby and bloated.
Here are a few things you need to realize when it comes to weight loss:
- Don’t waste time on long tedious sessions running on a treadmill, fitness trainers and experts suggest interval training is short and more effective in weight loss. Interval training is a high intensity workout that is punctuated by short periods of rest, so you could catch your breath.
- Train with a buddy! Yes, a research shows if you work out with your partner, or a buddy, you’re more likely to stay committed and lose weight fast. Be accountable of each other success and be a motivating factor.
- Fuel your body with the right foods, go for whole foods and nutritious foods, when you’re looking to lose weight the output should exceed the input, meaning the number of calories you’re taking in a day should be less than the calories you’re burning.
- Eat tactfully and divide your 3 meals into 5-6 smaller meals (or healthy snacks) in a day. You’ve to eat to keep the metabolism from becoming too slow.
- Sleep well! It is important as every system in the body is connected, less sleep means more fat deposit and high levels of cortisol, so your body is happy when you sleep well, so get some ZZzzs.