Following Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert's patient 0 diagnosis with coronavirus, the NBA has decided to end play indefinitely. The decision could stall the season for only 30 days if the projections of health commissioners are accurate. However, the decision comes folloiwng Gobert's diagnosis as well as his physical contact with players, fans, and careless touching of microphones at a press conference. Most sports games in other leagues are also canceled or postponed due to the pandemic.
These are the other professional athletes and coaches who tested positive for COVID-19:
- Daniele Rugani, Juventus defender, 25 years old.
- Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz center, 27 years old.
- Mikel Arteta, Arsenal manager, 37 years old.
- Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz guard, 23 years old.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi, Chelsea winger, 19 years old.