Fast Food Employee Fired For Peeing in Kitchen

A Draper Rancheritos' employee was fired Sunday after a video was released that shows him allegedly peeing on the kitchen floor.

The video was taken by a customer in the drive-thru lane at 5:30 a.m when they wondered why there was such a long wait between their order and checkout.

The manager of Rancherito's told 2News the employee in the video was fired. He'd worked for them for less than three months.

Salt Lake County subsequently shut down the restaurant.

2News cameras captured a total restaurant clean-out. Everything in the kitchen was trashed and the equipment was thoroughly scrubbed.

Nicholas Rupp, the spokesperson for the Salt Lake County Health Department, issued the following statement:

"Today, in response to a complaint submitted to us online, the Salt Lake County Health Department (SLCoHD) visited the Rancherito's at 12250 South State Street in Draper and confirmed that a food handler there exhibited a willful disregard for food safety and acted inappropriately in a food preparation area. SLCoHD issued an immediate compliance order that required the establishment to close and sanitize all food preparation areas, and also revoked the specific employee's food handler permit."

The establishment may reopen only after meeting with the county's Food Protection Bureau and undergoing a complete re-inspection. Let's hope the next round of employees don't do this...

Next Post →


Next Post →